As a Business Central developer I don’t get every day to set up Business Central standard processes, I mostly design and setup the processes in my customizations work. Standard Business Central setup is covered by Functional Consultants.
The exam MB-800 has been active for about a year (beta version started in October 2020) and given my developer experience with setting up the system I thought I’d give it a try. This blog contains materials I found, read, and tested; hopefully it will provide a good starting point for study for others.
This exam is testing your skills on setting up Business Central SaaS. It is easy to get a trial of BC SaaS which can be used for training for this exam. And if you need more time, you can extend your trial by another 30 days. Just navigate to https://businesscentral.dynamics.com/?page=1828 and extend your trial. If 60 days is not enough, you can start again a new trial.
That page offers:
- a list of skills measured: Exam MB-800: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant – Skills Measured
- a set of 12 learning paths each with a set of modules, and each module with a set of online lessons.
For example, one learning path is Set up financial management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
This path contains the following modules and lessons:
- Set up number series and trail codes in Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Set up and assign specific posting groups
- Set up dimensions in Business Central
- Introduction – Set up dimensions and dimension values
- Manually enter dimensions in a sales order
- Set up global and shortcut dimensions
- Set up default dimensions
- Set up default dimensions for account types
- Set up default dimension priorities
- Set up dimension combinations
- Exercise – Set up a dimension with dimension values
- Check your knowledge
- Set up Chart of Accounts in Dynamics 365 Business Central
For all lessons targeting Functional Consultant role go Browse all – Learn | Microsoft Docs.
If you want to take Business Central Microsoft Docs with you, when you are offline, download the Microsoft Docs BC pdf from:
I sent the pdf to my Kindle. Unfortunately, the file is too big and the experience reading from Kindle is not that great.
Would be great if Microsoft could split the big pdf in separate pdfs for each chapter.
Additional materials (with Danish roots, just like Business Central 😉):
- A book by Erik Hougaard: Field Guide – Hougaard.com – Applied Hacking
- A set of videos sponsored by Abakion A/S: Watch free user guide videos > Dynamics 365 Business Central (usedynamics.com)
Go ahead and schedule the exam! Good luck!